Sunday, August 12, 2012

KFC's Zinger Sandwich


I don't remember now when KFC first introduced their Zinger sandwich, but I do remember trying it the first time it came out. Before that it was their "Colonel Burger" that I was buying and it didn't seem sufficient specially if I'm hungry.

I even remember why it was called "Zinger" because it was supposed to be really hot and spicy. When it first came out, it definitely was! It was so spicy that my mouth was burning when I ate it. But since I love spicy food, I loved it. It was on the upper edge of my tolerance level so it was manageable.

Since  moving back to San Pablo City from Manila, I never had the opportunity to eat it again for many years. Only when a branch opened in SM San Pablo did I get to try this sandwich again.

Wow. Something must have happened in the many years since I first tasted this because it's not as spicy as I remember it. In fact, it's hardly spicy at all. But in the few times I tried it recently, it was always hot and newly cooked. It's just not as spicy as I remember it.  I guess that in order for more people to appreciate it, they lowered the amount of spice they put in it.

I still like it, although I do miss the old spicy version.

No comments:

Post a Comment