Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ground Lamb Shish Kebab at Middle Eats is TERRIFIC!


I can no longer count how many times Ilyn and I have visited Middle Eats here in San Pablo City. It truly is my current favorite restaurant in town. Check out my first review of Middle Eats here!

Tonight we decided to come back again and we treated ourselves to their "Mixed Shish Kebab", which consists of 6 skewers of different kinds of kebab which includes beef, ground lamb, chicken and sea food.

No, your eyes aren't fooling you. There are only 4 skewers in that photo above, but that's just because I was a very bad food blogger and we ate the two kebabs before we remembered to take a picture! I guess that's only to demonstrate how we couldn't wait to dig in.

Although all the kebabs were good, I thought the ground lamb kebab was just spectacular. It was marinated with a variety of exotic spices and was grilled just right. It was very tasty, quite spicy (but not too much!). Dipped in their home made tzatziki sauce just drove it over the edge!

Guys, I highly recommend this place. If you're ever in San Pablo City and are looking for something different, check this place out.


It's located on the ground floor of the Malinaw Foundation Building (Masonic Temple) at T. Azucena cor. P. Zulueta, beside Simple Treats. It's open from 11:00am to 11:00pm.

Aside from the Mixed Shish Kebab, we also tried a new item on their menu, an "Nacho Pizza" appetizer, which looked very much like a small pizza cut into 4 slices. It had ample toppings of vegetables, cheese and meat, but the crust wasn't  heavy on the stomach. Perfect appetizer!

After the meal, we had some Turkish Coffee, which tasted quite exotic to me. It was quite nice. I do know that Turkish Coffee isn't really a type of coffee, but it's a name that's given to a unique way of preparing coffee. Basically, beans are grounded much more finely than normal, then boiled several times in an "Ibrik". Be sure to order just "half" if you want them to use the Ibrik to make the coffee. Apparently, if you order "full", that amount of coffee won't fit into an Ibrik so they use a coffee press instead. It doesn't change the taste though.  I think they may add a little bit something else to it to make it more unique. Whatever it is, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment