Wednesday, July 3, 2013

KFC's ZINGER VS McDonald's McSPICY

Ok, having recently noticed the McSpicy's uncanny resemblance to KFC's Zinger, I decided to try both sandwiches one after the other just to see who exactly wins.

I got my Zinger sandwich from the recently opened KFC branch at the San Pablo City town proper, while I got my McSpicy from a new branch of McDonald's just a couple of blocks up Rizal Avenue from KFC.

The results, may I say, were surprising.

Zinger had been my favorite for such a long time. For for one reason or another, they don't seem to put as much care into making them as they once did. The recent sandwich I got didn't seem as fresh as I would like. It was a bit dry and parts of it were quite tough. Yes TOUGH.

The McSpicy however, was soft and juicy all around, much more consistent in that regard. And it seemed newly cooked. It also had lots of lettuce. Much more greens than the Zinger usually has.

So yeah, I guess as of today, McSpicy wins it. I feel kind of bad because I liked Zinger for such a long time, but I guess that's just sentiment talking. I'm not giving up on it completely though. I will still try it from to time. I hope KFC doesn't disappoint me or else, I'm switching completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment