Sunday, August 4, 2013

Two New San Pablo Restaurants

A new restaurant is always cause for celebration in San Pablo City, well, as far as I'm concerned. I still remember when Pizza Hut opened in San Pablo some ten years ago. People went nuts. The crowd on that first day was insane. Pizza Hut ran out of pizza sometime after lunchtime. And it was crazy crowded for the rest of that week. It's almost always like that when a new place opens. Specially a popular one.

Me, I'm always just looking for a new place to eat. We have tons of restaurants here in San Pablo, but pretty soon, I get used to the food and I start looking for something else.

Two new restaurants have opened/just about to open that I found.

One is YATSKY, which is located where the old Circle Cafe used to be, in that food center near SPC Medical. It's a Tapas Bar of some sort... well, basically a bar. Bars are really not my thing so I really haven't tried it out. Maybe one of these days. From the outside, it looks kind of dark inside. Perfect for drinking, I guess.

Another one is DAVID'S TEA HOUSE, which I'm very excited about. It's not a local restaurant. It's Manila based restaurant and looking at their website, my mind (or rather my stomach) is just blown. Finally, a pretty decent Chinese restaurant. Yeah, I know we have Hap Chan and Shanghai Palace, but I haven't been happy with Hap Chan's duck both times I ordered it. And well, readers of this blog would know I have a thing against Shanghai Palace. It's a shame, as their food is pretty good, although their menu is not enough for me to consider it a really authentic Chinese restaurant. No duck, for instance. And their white chicken is not up to scratch.

David's Tea House is located at the local Puregold, near Sambat. I don't know when they will open, but you can be sure I'll try it out within a week of its opening. And you can read all about what I think here.

No comments:

Post a Comment