Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sizzling Tofu at Simple Treats, San Pablo City

Photo by Jonas Diego

My pals Johnny Danganan, Jonas Diego and his gf Ysa Arce, along with me and Ilyn met for lunch earlier today at Simple Treats here in San Pablo. We weren't able to take any photos except for the one above, which is perfect because that dish is what I really want to talk about.

Simple Treats, easily one of my favorite food places here in the city, seems to have quietly added a few things on their menu. One of them is this dish called "Sizzling Tofu".

Since I am a fan of tofu (YouTofu is after all, another one of my favorite San Pablo restaurants), I thought this was interesting so I wanted to try it out.

I wasn't expecting much, actually. After all, tofu is tofu and you can only wring so much flavor from it. I considered it simply an appetizer for my main dish which was a Tropical Pizza.

When the dish came in it was yes, sizzling hot. I took a few tentative bites (I didn't want to burn my tongue), but pretty soon I must have finished a quarter of this. It was quite simply AMAZING. Jonas himself commented: "Ang pinaka-masarap na tofu na natikman ko ever!". And I have to be honest and say he's not exaggerating. All of a sudden I just wanted to eat it and order another one, and have rice with it.

Even when my pizza came in (which was nice), it wasn't as nice as this tofu so as I was eating the pizza I wished I was eating more of this tofu!  Why did I like it? It came in with bell peppers and this really nice creamy sauce that complemented the tofu on a hot plate extremely well.

I feel like I want to come back to Simple Treats as soon as tomorrow just to taste this again. Yep, certified AWESOME!

Simple Treats is located at the ground floor of the Malinaw Lodge,  Zulueta cor Azucena, San Pablo City. They're open from 8am to 12 midnight.

Facebook Page Here.

I wrote about Simple Treats before here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment