Monday, March 28, 2016

Halo Halo at Razon's

I finally had a chance to try Razon's famous Halo-Halo. Lots of people are talking about this thing, and when a branch opened at SM San Pablo recently, I saw this was the thing most people were ordering. So I thought hmmm... this has got to be good, right? (Image of Halo-Halo from Razon's website.)

Last night me and Ilyn had a chance to go to SM and try this out. And I have to say it lives up to all the hype, It is really one good halo-halo. Probably one of the best I had. I think it's got to do with the simplicity of the ingredients. It's got finely shaved ice, which is something I never had with other versions and it gave a different feel to the tongue. It has leche flan, banana, macapuno and milk. And I think that's it. The combination of those ingredients made for a really nice whole. I really liked it.

That said, halo-halo is kind of idiot proof. I also like Chowking's halo-halo. I also like a lot of other halo-halos that I've tried. I don't remember not liking it anywhere I got it. But I have to admit Razon's does it better than most.

Unfortunately, I've tried other things from their menu from this branch in the past and I've come away underwhelmed.

I tried another one of their famous items, "Pancit Luglug". It tastes just like the local palabok that I can get at our palengke. Probably even better! Their "Lutong Toyo" tastes just like regular adobo. Why even call it Lutong Toyo? I have Kapampangan cookbooks written by Kapampangans and they all call their adobo, adobo.  Ilyn had the Arrozcaldo and didn't like it. She said the hardboiled egg was just overdone. She also didn't like their Bistik. Oh sorry, BISTIG. She says there's something lacking in the taste. I don't know, perhaps things taste better in the original branch.

I'm still willing to give them one more try though. I haven't tried their dinuguan yet, so that's what I'll get next time I'm there.


No comments:

Post a Comment