Saturday, March 5, 2016

Recipe: Simple Grilled Tuna


It's been a while since I posted a recipe of something I cooked. This time around it's nothing so complicated. I saw a bag of frozen cubed tuna at our local grocery and I thought I'd just grill it. You will just need:

Tuna steak or cubed tuna.
1/2 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
juice from 4 pcs. kalamansi
1 teaspoon sugar
I just had some fresh thyme lying around so I used some.

Thaw the tuna completely. Combine the soy sauce, kalamansi juice, sugar and thyme and let the tuna marinate in it for an hour or so.

Fire up your grill. I used a stove top grill. Make sure your grill is smoking hot. Reduce temp slightly. Grill your tuna, turning often until there are no more pink tuna flesh showing (you might need to break one cube up or slice your steak to see). Cooking time depends on how thick your tuna is. Slicing up the steak slightly would be actually OK so you can baste it with the remaining marinade as you grill. Since the marinade has sugar in it, be careful not to burn the outside too much.

Once done, place on a serving plate. Heat up the remaining marinade and pour over the tuna. You can top that with some fresh thyme for you know.... effect. And taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment