Friday, May 24, 2013

Gourmet Oven Roasted Spam


Spam? YES, Spam. In this case, Turkey Spam. We have it for breakfast every once in a while. We usually just fry it and eat it with bread or rice, but once in a while, I would try and do something different.

In a baking dish I poured a tablespoon of melted butter and spooned it around in the center where I'll be placing the spam, straight out of the can. I made slightly deep cuts on the top surface of the spam and poured 2 tablespoons of melted butter on that.

I placed the baking dish in an oven at 150 degrees C for 30 minutes, and another 30 minutes at 200 degrees C. I let that cool for a few minutes.

Roasting spam in this way in the oven makes the skin awesomely crispy!

I then sliced the spam and placed it on a serving tray.

I then took the baking dish and placed it on a stovetop. Keep all that nice droppings, melted butter and browned spam material there! That's what you want. I then set the stove to medium, added half a cup of water, 1/4 cup of red wine, half a chicken cube and then allow to boil for a few minutes as you stir. I then dissolved a heaping tablespoon of flour in 1/3 cup water and added that to the pan. Stir very well, bring back to a boil, and allow the flour to cook for a few minutes.

Pour that sauce over the sliced spam.

It made for a nice Spamsilog!



No comments:

Post a Comment