Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Jollibee's Amazing Aloha! What Did I Think?


I couldn't believe the day would come, but it did! Jollibee's Amazing Aloha is back! And today, May 15, 2013 was the big day it was reintroduced to Jollibee's menu. Of course, me and Ilyn went on an Amazing Aloha date to mark this occasion!

OK! So what did I think?

Well, the first thing I noticed was that here in San Pablo, the Aloha didn't come in the Amazing Aloha box which it comes in when served in Manila. I saw a few friends post photos of it, and theirs came in a box. This is, strictly speaking, not really that important. But still, when burgers come in a box, they strangely feel more special, am I right? So right off the bat, this burger was already off by a couple of special points.

OK opening the paper wrapper I get....


OK.... well... it doesn't look anything like their Jollibee's promo pics. I mean, check this out:


Well, I'm nitpicking here as I know for a fact promo pics are never really representative of the actual product, and Jollibee is far from the only restaurant guilty of this. Pretty much all of them are. But I just want to jab them with this just for kicks.

The important thing is, The Amazing Aloha is back, whatever form it comes in. And more important than that... how does it taste?

Oh wow. I gotta say, well, I just love Jollibee burgers, to be honest. They're by no means the absolute best burgers that one can buy in the Philippines, but if I get a hankering for a burger, a Jollibee burger is usually what I want. They have a certain taste and texture that's agreeable with my taste buds.  The Yumburger seems too small for me and The Champ seems a little too huge (and messy) to eat. But I just absolutely love their Champ, it's my favorite Jollibee burger, if I have the appetite to finish an entire one.

For a long time I settled on their Double Yum with Cheese, which is a Yumburger with double patties and cheese. It seemed to be the best midway between the Yumburger and Champ. The problem is, Jollibee phased out Double Yum with Cheese almost at the same time they phased out Amazing Aloha. When they did that, I remember I was really quite bummed!

And now, having the prodigal Aloha again in my hands, I seem to have found both the Double Yum and the Amazing Aloha in one burger! And I think that's great! What I'm saying is, the Aloha is smaller now than what it once was. I remember it being as huge as the Champ. Now, it's basically a Double Yum Burger with pineapple, cheese, lettuce, and bacon. Now that may disappoint some long time Aloha fans, but I don't mind it being smaller.  My appetite is now smaller and after having finished one, I already felt very full. So it's really just the perfect size for me.

I do have to say that I really didn't notice or taste any of the bacon or the lettuce, but what I like about the Aloha is the sweetness and slight sourness that the pineapple adds to the taste of their patties. I don't know why, but that combination is really just perfect for me.

I have no problem in saying it's now my favorite Jollibee burger!  What's this I hear about it being available only for a limited time though? That's kind a weird. I hope they keep this on their menu permanently!

No comments:

Post a Comment