Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Coffee Snob


Sometimes I can be such a coffee snob. I'd settle for nothing less than brewed coffee, so much so that I went ahead and planted my own coffee and cocoa plants. I had planned on growing the beans, roasting them, grinding and brewing them myself. Well, the coffee plants died out but the cocoa plants survived. They made for some awesome chocolate later on.

What I most commonly brew are barako beans I get from town, which is very very good. Very strong.

But then brewed coffee isn't always available, and when I get the urge during those times, I'd be perfectly happy with the instant stuff. I've tasted a lot of the instant coffee brands out there, and I think I've settled on two that I really liked.

Nescafe Gold: My favorite of all the Nescafe variations currently available. Nescafe used to have an Iced Coffee packet that they seemed to have phased out. It's too bad as I really liked it. 

Kopiko's Kopiccino: Instant cappuccino! Surprisingly good for something instant. I've seen this idea executed elsewhere, but it's nice to see it in a local brand.

Once in a while me and the wife would just go out and try out the cafes in town. I will probably write about my favorite coffee spots at some future article.

No comments:

Post a Comment