Saturday, July 7, 2012

Once You Pop, You Can Stop

I saw this potato chip brand LIGO on the shelves not too long ago and I was intrigued. The people doing the  canned sardines are now doing potato chips? Apparently, they are, based on their website.


I have tried their sardines many times in the past and it's OK. I don't see any big difference compared to other sardines brands out there like 555 or Toyo or Master. Someone out there might take issue to that, but I guess when it comes to canned sardines, my taste buds aren't really that particular.

But I did want to try out their potato chips. I bought three right away, I don't know why.

I barely got past one before I realized one thing. Once you pop, you can stop.

Sad to say, I didn't like it very much, although I really wanted to. I thought I might have just opened a bad cylinder, but all three tasted the same. So it must really taste like that. How to describe it? It tastes kind of old. It's as if the oil they were using was old. Now I don't know that for a fact, but that's how it tastes to me. The saltiness also seems kind of off. It's as if the kind of salt they're using is kind of off.

I could finish a tall cylinder of Pringles in one sitting, but this one, I can't even finish one small cylinder.

Perhaps it's just not for me. There are people out there who most probably love this, so I guess it's just a matter of taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment